The Enterprise IT Support team provides internal IT support for all employees of the Raisin group and associated collaborators across the globe, mainly in continental Europe, the UK and the US.
We manage IT equipment, on- and off-bordings, account permissions and troubleshoot our colleagues’ problems with our common software and service landscape and their IT hardware. We also administrate and improve our central Service tooling architecture and the physical IT infrastructure in our different office locations.
As a Working Student in our Frankfurt/Main team, you will:
- Collaborate and communicate closely with your team and our internal contacts.
- Manage our IT equipment warehouse in our office locations both on-site and online.
- Prepare the handout of laptops and IT accessories for our colleagues.
- Work with our ticket system Jira Service Management to resolve or escalate our colleagues’ IT tickets.
- Take care of our office network infrastructure and printers.
- Support with the administration of SaaS services like Gitlab, Miro, Jira, Confluence, Automox, etc.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on various IT projects.
Join our mission, join our team - and grow with us!
At Raisin, we care about each other and it is one of our top priorities to foster an open and caring environment in which everyone feels welcome and comfortable. Our culture is strongly driven by our ambitious team, which, connects more than 40 different nationalities.
You'll find us in our modern and open office in the trendy Kreuzberg district with a view of the Spree River, ideally connected to public transportation and surrounded by a variety of restaurants and shopping opportunities.
As part of our team, you will benefit from:
- Personal training budget of €350.
- Virtual German language classes.
- Hungry all the time? Snacks, daily fresh fruit as well as drinks provided at the office.
- Flexible working hours, home office, and 20 vacation days per year.
- Enjoy yearly company retreats to exciting European cities and other (virtual) team events, such as Lunch & Learn, Tech Lunch, Female Empowerment Forum, CEO Talks as well as our yearly Summer- and Christmas Party.
Raisin is the trailblazer in the savings and investment space. Founded in 2012, the fintech company started by opening the $95+ trillion deposits and investments market of the European Union, the United Kingdom and the United States to consumers. Today, Raisin serves more than one million customers in these three markets, offering savings products as well as investment and pension products. This makes the Berlin-based fintech one of the leading global savings and investments marketplaces. Savers get a wider choice of attractive products with the ability to move their money freely. In addition, financial service providers get best-in-class marketplace solutions for their customers, and banks get better access to retail funding. Raisin operates its own B2C marketplaces in Europe and the U.S. under the brands Raisin, WeltSparen and ZINSPILOT.
In Germany, the company offers ETF-based investment and retirement products, Private Equity and Crypto investments, and savings products. Raisin works with over 400 banks and financial service providers from over 30 countries. Raisin has €50 billion AuA and generated over €1 billion in interest for its customers worldwide. Raisin is backed by renowned international investors such as b2venture, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, Greycroft, Headline, Index Ventures, Latitude Ventures, Orange Ventures, PayPal Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Ribbit Capital, Vitruvian Partners and M&G.
The company has offices in Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Madrid, Manchester, Munich and New York.We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.