As our US Compliance officer, you’ll be the lead for compliance in one of our fastest-growing and dynamic teams. You’ll lead our independent function in the US and report into our Compliance team based in Head Office, but will work closely with the US executive team, acting as the first point of contact for US compliance and risk topics and acting as the lynchpin in our “second line of defence” for the US business.
You’ll be an experienced (6 years plus) Compliance professional with a background experience in financial services or an allied industry, now looking to make a move into the FinTech world and keen to grow your skills as a compliance officer across a range of areas. You’re a future leader with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently; able to persuade, support and advise all levels both internally and externally.
Here are some of your core responsibilities:
- Regulatory Compliance: working with our General Counsel and keeping abreast of evolving regulatory requirements in the US, especially those relevant to fintech and banking. This could involve interpreting and implementing new regulations, ensuring that the company's processes and policies are in compliance, and liaising with regulatory bodies as needed.
- Risk Management: playing a critical role in identifying, assessing, and mitigating compliance risks. This could include developing risk management strategies aligned with our group approach and reporting on risk assessments.
- Compliance leadership: promoting a culture of compliance within the organization. This could involve regular updates and training sessions for staff on compliance matters and ethical conduct.
- Compliance Audits and Inspections: conducting or overseeing regular compliance audits and inspections, ensuring that any deficiencies are addressed promptly.
- Incident Response and Reporting: following processes for responding to compliance-related incidents, including investigation, reporting, and resolution, in collaboration with legal or other relevant departments.
- Onboarding Banks - Research on prospects, PEP/Sanctions checking and screening, negative media searches, preparation of reports (mainly US).
- Monitoring Banks - updates to reporting, screening and searches (mainly US).
- Other Commercial partners (B2B etc) - possible compliance reporting.
- Vendor Management - Overview of helpdesk and compliance screening. Supporting colleagues with submission of checks and Due Diligence, especially at NDA stage. Maintenance of records and ensuring we have accurate and insightful reporting on our vendors’ performance from business owners.
- Critical Vendors - ensuring annual checks are carried out, liaising with InfoSec and Data Protection to support checks.
- Assistance with policy maintenance and review, including assisting with e.g. Conflict Of Interest and Gift registers.
- Assistance with the preparation and delivery of reporting to committees and annual reporting, particularly for external audits. Ability to provide both quantitative and qualitative analysis is critical.
- Support of the US team on day-to-day basis, working closely with Chief of Staff, General Counsel and COO.
Join our mission, join our team - and grow with us!
At Raisin, we care about each other and it is one of our top priorities to foster an open and caring environment in which everyone feels welcome and comfortable. Our culture is strongly driven by our ambitious team, who are at the heart of our success.
As part of our US team, you will benefit from:
- Flexible working hours and 28 vacation days.
- Personal training budget of $2,000 and 4 full training days per year.
- Access to Babbel for continuous learning.
- Company 401k contribution of 5%.
- Healthcare coverage contribution, including medical, dental and vision.
- Commuter benefits and flexible working from home policy.
- Regular team events and yearly Summer and Winter Party.
Please note the salary range for this position is $100,000 - $120,000 depending on the experience you bring.
Raisin is the trailblazer in the savings and investment space. Founded in 2012, the fintech company started by opening the $95+ trillion deposits and investments market of the European Union, the United Kingdom and the United States to consumers. Today, Raisin serves more than one million customers in these three markets, offering savings products as well as investment and pension products. This makes the Berlin-based fintech one of the leading global savings and investments marketplaces. Savers get a wider choice of attractive products with the ability to move their money freely. In addition, financial service providers get best-in-class marketplace solutions for their customers, and banks get better access to retail funding. Raisin operates its own B2C marketplaces in Europe and the U.S. under the brands Raisin, WeltSparen and ZINSPILOT.
In Germany, the company offers ETF-based investment and retirement products, Private Equity and Crypto investments, and savings products. Raisin works with over 400 banks and financial service providers from over 30 countries. Raisin has €50 billion AuA and generated over €1 billion in interest for its customers worldwide. Raisin is backed by renowned international investors such as b2venture, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, Greycroft, Headline, Index Ventures, Latitude Ventures, Orange Ventures, PayPal Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Ribbit Capital, Vitruvian Partners and M&G.
The company has offices in Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Madrid, Manchester, Munich and New York.We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.