About Raisin UK
Raisin UK is the UK operation of Raisin GmbH (raisin.com). A trailblazer for open banking and the leading pan-European one-stop-shop for online savings and investments. Founded in 2013, the Berlin-based FinTech startup is a business model that the Wall Street Journal describes as “So brilliant that customers cannot say no”.
Raisin GmbH has quickly grown to become one of the largest financial technology companies in Europe. Since launch, Raisin has brokered over 30 billion EUR for more than 315,000 customers in 31 European countries and over 100 partner banks. Raisin was named one of Europe's top five fintech companies by the renowned FinTech50 awards and is backed by investors such as PayPal, Goldman Sachs, Thrive Capital, Orange Digital Ventures, Index Ventures and Ribbit Capital.
Based in Manchester, the Raisin UK business was established in 2012 as PBF Solutions and became part of Raisin in September 2017. Over the past 4 years the UK team have built a client portfolio of over 20 partner banks and building societies, helping them to raise savings and acquire new customers. We do this through a combination of customer acquisition technology together with proven online product marketing and distribution. As Raisin UK we have helped our partners raise over £1 billion of new deposits and have on-boarded over 50,000 new consumers through our platforms.
Following the acquisition by Raisin GmbH, we have the financial backing and remit to substantially grow our operations across the UK thus allowing us to build upon Raisin’s reputation as the leading marketplace for savings and investments throughout Europe.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for all aspects of the legal function, ensuring legal exposure and associated risk is minimised, commercial value optimised and positive partner relationships maintained.
- To lead, manage and take responsibility for all legal issues relating to banking and capital markets, especially contract negotiations with partner banks, distributors and suppliers Working with key stakeholders to a successful outcome.
- To provide legal feedback and support in the introduction of new products to our platform.
- To assume responsibility for the processing of further legal issues, especially in the areas of law relating to contracts, work, IT and corporate law.
- To ensure effective relationships are built within Raisin UK and with key internal stakeholders in Raisin group, ensuring this role is developed to ensure there is no doubt you are the ‘go to’ person for colleagues in the Raisin UK business, regarding legal matters.
- To manage the continual review and update of partner contracts, and ensure key requirements are met, and any future trigger points diarised, followed up and actioned as appropriate
- Maintain a central repository of contracts proactively managed by date of renewal
- To be a key and active member of the UK Management Team.
- In terms of perspective, you will be independently responsible for taking care of the daily legal business.
- To source, and manage, external specialist legal advice, as and when needed
- To lead and proactively drive legal discussions with partners, especially in larger and new contract scenarios
- Ownership of Risk, reporting material legal and contractual risks to the COO with escalation to UK Board if risk(s) remain unmitigated
- Supporting UK corporate governance where necessary, including drafting company disclosure and policies
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and commercially minded lawyer looking for a breadth and depth of work in an evolving sector, whilst playing a key role within the UK business.
We are open to consider applications from people looking for a full-time or part-time opportunity.
- Qualifications: Degree or a relevant professional qualification in a legal related subject
- Experience in retail financial services/savings/investment– ideally for a Fintech or similar.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- A pragmatic approach with the ability to assess and quantify commercial risk and value opportunity
- Fully-qualified lawyer with an above average result in final exams
- Comfortable working within a small team and in a stand alone role, which requires a hands-on approach with evolving requirements and a fluid working environment.
- Ideally you will be a lawyer with at least 2 years’ PQE, having trained at a reputable firm and gained commercial and corporate experience
- Fluent command of written and spoken English - further languages are an advantage
- Evidence of commercial mindset, analytical ability, entrepreneurial thinking and interested in financial technology
- Independent way of working as well as a high level of team and detail orientation
- Strong interest in financial topics and knowledge of the FinTech sector
- Operated previously as part of a management team is an advantage but not essential
Join our mission, join our team - and grow with us!
If you would like to apply for the role of Head of Legal, you will need to submit a CV along with a covering letter, confirming current remuneration package and whether it is part-time or a full-time role you are looking for.
At Raisin we take care of each other and one of our top priorities is to create an open and friendly atmosphere in which everyone feels welcome and comfortable.
As part of the Raisin UK team, you benefit from
- Personal training budget of £1,500 and four training days
- Always hungry? Breakfast, snacks, daily fresh fruit and drinks are at your disposal around the clock
- Flexible working hours, home office and 25 days + Bank Holidays of holiday a year
- We offer you a company stakeholder pension
- The opportunity to experience our annual retreats in exciting European cities and other team building events
We are Raisin, a dynamic and fast-growing fintech company with its headquarters in Berlin. Together, we built a marketplace offering our customers simple, transparent access to deposits across Europe. In addition, in Germany, we also provide ETF portfolios as well as pension products. In the US, we are also offering a Savings as a Service model for bank partners.Learn more about Raisin.We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
We raised more than € 195 million in funding from investors including Goldman Sachs, PayPal Ventures, Index Ventures, btov Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Orange Digital Ventures and Thrive Capital.